Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bags are Packed!!!



All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

But the dawn is breakin' it's early morn
The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die

John Denver | Leaving On A Jet Plane Lyrics


I love this song as i have sang it every where i have gone, as a kid my family moved alot and even as an adult i traveled a bit, so this song became a Hallmark moment for me when flying or going on a trip, to me its a song about lovers parting and some how i have a connection to every place i visit, through food, culture or the people.


yesterday i started packing for the trip, and i recalled the donation drive that happens on our street where you give clothes that you don't want to them and in return they help out the needs and the kids who are new to Canada and so on.

as i was packing for the trip i went through my clothes, and got the ones i could relate a memory to him and i gave them away, perhaps it would make some else happy than for me to hang on to them as a negative energy and solitude of something that had occurred.

i haven't cruised the cities i will be staying in as i know i wont have the laptop any more and no phone, i will be going off the grid for almost two weeks and it would be a great vacation of life time to be out of technology and give my self a rest that is much needed.

I would blog all about the trip to Rome and ancient city of Adrianople and Constantinople.

If i get a chance i want to visit the tomb of Rumi the ancient poet with twirling dervishes, he went on a search to find his gay lover "Shams-e Tabrizi" who was Shunned by Rumi's family to ever see him, Rumi in return went on a self exhile from his family to find his lover, he wrote many love poems and texts but never got to see his lover, but he danced like a butter fly around the memory of Shams as a candle, till his last breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment