Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Painting Anguish



I am a bit torn since yesterday, as I have started to sale the pieces of art that didn't sale at the gallery, I have no more room for my gallery sized pieces of art, and have posted to sale them for very cheap prices, I get chocked every time someone comes and picks them up and leaves.

I know they are worth more than that, but I can’t put more heart into it when it has gone un-appreciated for so long, I did what had to be done, by renting a good location and paying top dollar for everything, and making sure it’s not cheap. But with hype and buzz, nothing happened.

I have been contacted by my old art master that he has moved to west from Middle East and want to talk; I have been putting it off from talking to him as I feel that I let him down in some way by not being the artist he envisioned for me to be.

And when I talked to him yesterday he assured me that it will pick up it’s only been a few years that I'm painting and took him even longer than that to get to his 6digit annual income from being an artist.

He complimented me on my new pieces, and how far I have matured so far, and that they look very similar to his pieces even though I haven’t seen his work.

Life has its own trip you won’t see how far you can go without being part of its journey and embracing its swift winds and its gentle meadow, I’ve come to realize you can’t overwrite the past but you can make a better future from learning your past.

Now how was your past?



A light heart lives long.
-William Shakespeare

Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
-Charles Dickens

The notion that human life has greater value than any other form of life is both unjustifiable and arrogant.
-Wei Wu WeiSee More

No comments:

Post a Comment