Saturday, July 24, 2010

Over Heating



This week wasn't really a good week for me, starting with some vandalism to my car, someone scratched the hood of my car and drained the radiator fluid, (accessible from bottom of every car) I noticed water in front of my car when I returned from my run but it was getting dark and I thought someone watered the plants or washed the drive way.

But wasn't so, the engine over heated, steam came off the hood and i quickly pulled over in the highway going to work and I called home for someone to bring me some water, till I get to work, I kept replacing the water as it kept emptying itself out, as I didn't know you have to burp the radiator to get the air out and now the car is back to normal and I have replaced the melted parts since it over heated on the highway, but scratch on the hood I don't know who would do this or why?

The car over heating could have been worse, as i look at it in different angles, it could have jeopardized my life on the highway as i had to get out of the car on the busy rush hour highway, and open the hood to put water in the radiator or burned my self with hot steam coming from the engine while opening the hood, or if I didn't notice the signs of engine overheating i would have lost the car totally and would have been in a financial pinch to buy another car.

I had initial bad thoughts of who would have done this, and had some reasonable doubts and people in mind, and I don't know anyone else who would do this, as I have been sober for this long and no contact with anyone, I sought really hard for some excuse or over ride my thought of anyone holding vendetta with me.

I was initially angry of what was happening, and as it was out of my control I wanted to demand for some action by someone, I wanted to quickly jump to conclusions and yell and scream at any one who I found in correlation with the chain of events, but I took my time in finding myself again and solving the issue and count my blessing from not having this situation be bigger and much worse than it was.

I just want to be at peace with myself and as long as other people’s issues are not affecting mine or my sobriety, I am content at this stage.

Finding your snapping point and staying far from it, it is the best thing i did this last week, and you can do so while holding a sobriety and wanting to achieve peace in your inner self.
Not showing a reaction when provoked or not letting it get to you is hard, but its tolerances which gets stretched and compensates for the lack of patience you might have.
Forgiveness is a key element, when finding your self mad or intolerable over other people’s action, just forgive and forget it as its not a big deal to defend things while its beers on their ignorance or sense of their capacity.

Reflect on the quotes below on forgiveness and may you find peace and longer sobriety though them.



Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna -St. Vincent Millay

“Be the change you want to see in the world.”
“Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer them with love.”
“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
~Mahatma Gandhi quote

“There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.”
~Bryant H. McGill quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment