Saturday, October 9, 2010

Food and Body Relation



Since the last post I got food poisoning and due to my current illness my body just quit on me, with high fever and vomiting it wasn’t a pretty sight, blessing in disguise that I still live at home and I had my family to take care of me as I have no other to care for or be cared to.

It was a rough few days, as I’m trying to leave work and train someone new, going to work half day to just do email and go home. I still took time to do the night class study in bed and have been staying clear of any communication and contacts.

The food I ate was from a sub-place, kind of comfort food, as I recall sharing on few occasions with the EX, after clubbing or when I was coming over, we had sub-sandwiches together and how pleasant and caring the feeling where then. But this time the feeling that I was trying to recreate, got quickly replaced with sickness and headaches.

I was reading a journal about food and its relation to human brain waves, brain is sophisticated and they are still scratching the surface on what its capable of, the article stated that brain waves get stronger and weaker when hungry and full, some people become stress eaters or others can’t eat because of the stress, some develop relations with a food and related to a moment or activity they incur after easting the food, and by eating that food again they feel comforted and want to have it over and over hence the name comfort food like Mac and cheese, or creamy tomato soup and labels like: homemade or moms recipe on marketed items in the grocery shelves where people relate to strongly back to their child hood or moment where everything was care free or was going well.

The 2 year mark came and passed and I made contact with the EX. not for help perhaps it was to state that he is still in my thoughts, and what I have done wrong still bothers me and I am still sorry for it all.

I have some incurring head aches from the food illness, and should clear up soon. I am going to SLAA classes on Sundays as I feel better and I have my therapist meeting this week to go to as well.

My Tip of the post
keep healthy by eating healthy meals and stay clear of junk food and fast food places, pack a healthy lunch, and low sugar drink and stop the use of social crutches (e.g.: smoking drinking or narcotics)

No comments:

Post a Comment