Sunday, August 8, 2010

Power Of Prayer



I believe in prayers as a mode of expression and connection with soul and god, but I never beloved in their power of healing or having it remove affliction and grieve till recent days.

As I blogged about my grandma being terminally ill and doctors had given her two weeks, after having numerous numbers of family visit and I initiated prayer gathering with every one, asking them to say a prayer, by the end of the prayer said for healing, most adults were almost in tears, some already crying.

I am happy to say she is doing better but still in the same isolation chamber, and is given antibiotics still, she can carry herself back and forth to the bathroom and is holding down her food. Doctors are amazed that an 88 year old woman is beating TB while it was full spread in her lungs.

I’ve said short prayers in my heart almost daily at night before I go to bed, and somehow I am attributing my sobriety to them, as I was grown in a very religious family and parent up-bringing, I got disconnected with my roots and somehow though it lost connection with myself. I stopped believing in my capacity and myself worth and I gave it all away in gay sex life.

I am happy to be sober and have myself back to a level that is manageable and it not corrupt any more, but it is still thin ice and I don’t want to test my sobriety with integrating sex or dating back into my life.

If your lost in sobriety and can’t find the means of leveling with your own head, cut down any access to your dug of choice, this could mean various things, email, phone numbers and contacts or even friends. Go back to your roots and the way you were brought up. If you went to church or had Sunday bunches with the whole family or, every breakfast you sat together or every dinner every one was around and when you all watched TV every one sat around and laughed together.

I will blog later about roots and how our psychology of mind is an s basic as the way we were raised and once smiled to our mothers and parents and comparison to nature and animal kingdom.

PS: I like to thank anyone who read the posts about my grandmother and prayed for her well being. thank you from bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment