Sunday, September 5, 2010

A week in summary

It’s been a very cold weekend, and didn't do my training in fear of catching a cold or respiratory irritation, and couldn't go to Sunday class for SLAA due to long weekend. As family we were planning on going camping in the sub suburbs and because of the cold it didn't happen either.

Over all the weekend I have been at home and just relaxing and taking it easy, by watching movie and moving some stuff around. while moving a glass bookcase out, we managed to break the door and the glass went flying everywhere, and it cut my brothers finger, (this is the brother I don't really get along perhaps he knows I’m gay or the fact we are different on topics) he quickly ran in and drooped the bookcase that was to be donated to a charity on Tuesday for pick up.
I went in after him, to help him with the cut, I got the first aid kit and told him to put it under cold water not warm water, I washed it with iodine and since it was big laceration I wrapped it really tightly to stop the bleeding by compression. I knew if it didn’t stop he would need stitches, but I didn’t tell anyone as it would have just created more stress and chaos. I tended to him by telling him to lie down and arms up and stop opening the wound to check how it is as he would interrupt the blood clothing, it finally stopped and there was no need of stitches.

After it was over I thought about it if that was me who would have helped me, I know for sure it wouldn't have been him, nor my sister as she would have fainted and perhaps my dad but he doesn't know much first aid and I had to walk him through it and my mom was at work so.

I don't know why I care so much for others even though if they are my enemy and if that was me I was not going to receive the same attention back or level of care.

Sometimes my mind runs a thousand thoughts per minute and at times they are all negative and not really conducive to my over all recovery from sex or love addiction.
I still have needs and wants but I feel that there is a miss-balance still in my life and can’t seem to point it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment