Monday, September 27, 2010

Finish Line Is So Sweet



Start line filled with runners like barrage
In line myself for the run with courage

Seeing the horizon appear as mirage
As my heart beats like in triage

I feel like I can run faster and fly
But my body won’t let me be sit n' lie

I felt alive when I finished the run
Another mile stone that my body re-run

I felt alive again with this disease
Like nothing can hold me down suffer in sins

Poem by blogger


I finished the 21km half marathon run over the weekend and my time was respectable 2hr 2minutes, a minute slower than last year but I’m happy with the result specially how my body handled me.

I was not tired at all, my knee was forgiving during the course of the run, and a bit too hot as I dressed too warmly for the cold start time.

This past week I had some challenges over my training with upgrade courses and my work I barely had any time for myself. I got only one run squeezed in with my schedule and I had some slips with contact and craving to act out and feeling of becoming overwhelmed was coming over me.

It started with text of old EX. about a street showcase, which my mind was micro analyzing, why was I being contacted! and who is he with?.
I had to quickly shut myself off from that pattern of through and quickly revoked myself to just one reply in text, and stayed away from open communication.

It was hard but I think I handled myself well with limited reply, as it wasn’t conducive to my thoughts and I didn’t want to feel my curiosity further and be cast in dark shadows over it.

Hope if you’re falling into same patterns of old contact and mismanagement of time and schedules, to stay clear of old habits and stop the anger and let go, stop feeding the curious monster inside, don’t let the hunger get over you, and continue on the road of recovery.

Choose the path that you know you’ll find salvation and abandon the path where you find more hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment