Friday, September 24, 2010

Pushing My Self to Redline



Pushing myself to the Redline
To see myself cross the finish line

I’m dead to the world with this disease
I feel alive and like others at ease

Joined running pack since there is a goal
To beat the time as my body takes the toll

Poem by blogger


I am getting ready for the marathon run coming up this weekend, I will partake of half marathon, 21 km of relentless running, and I have paced myself for a 10km to 11km an hour, resulting I should finish in 2 hours or less, like my other years.

I have noticed due to my condition, that I run out of energy much quickly and out of breath much faster, and since I haven’t been to the gym because of issues around the sex addiction, I haven’t been able to weight train on my legs, and I feel it a bit on my knees and hips since I haven’t strengthened the core muscles and isolated the weight to go around the joint vs. through it.

it’s hard to void myself of all things that cusses me the addiction relapse and at the same time avoiding the consequences of it to my body and health, I ride bicycle once in a while but it’s not the same as weight in the gym of 250lb leg presses but I guess is some since imp not ready to go back to gym and temptations of others around me.

I still feel like a pit-bull that is a sleep and chained up, and for now I want it to stay that way by dealing with it slowly and untrained myself and train myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment