Friday, September 3, 2010

Running In The Rain



What an amazing Rain
Powerful, it cresses this train

Thunderbolts ravage by
Fierce bolts apply

Fear of thunder stuck
Propel my feet to fly

Enjoyed it all being wet
Happy like a child with a pet

Poem by Blogger


Yesterday, after I got home, I went for a run. As soon as I was down the hill from the house it started to drizzle and next thing I know its pouring rain by the next hill.

I wanted to turn around and go back home, but I knew I needed the training for getting back to speed for the marathon coming up. I persevered and pushed myself to at least run a 10k. I was soaking went, the iPod stopped working as the ear buds were filled with water and soaking wet from head to toe.

it was an amazing feel to be able to run in the rain like that, last time I did such act was when I was little and I recall a storm and I ran out to the flat roof top house and just went out and got soaking wet, even though I got an ear full when I went downstairs from my mom but it was happy time, which I remembered during the course of my run.

it was amazing to see how the mind works and how it connect two things together, I had forgotten the day when I was little till yesterday, every time I would wipe my face clean from all the water drops on it or squint and fight each rain drop from covering my sight, I was truly and honestly at peace, I was so happy to run free and carefree from getting wet that I enjoyed my run and it didn’t feel that long even thought it took close to an hour to run the 10km.

Do an act of childish means, be connected to that child in you, paint something silly or go play in the yard and get dirty or simply go out in the rain with no worry. Break free of the shackles that we put on ourselves and set the soul free this is the true meaning of freedom to mea

No comments:

Post a Comment